Give Us a Call: (740) 393-5247
In 1876, Mount Vernon had four separate volunteer fire companies with more than 130 volunteers available for fire protection. These early volunteers were limited to dipping or pumping water from wells or reservoirs when in 1881, a disastrous industrial fire resulted in great property loss.
Soon thereafter, leading businessmen obtained a charter which allowed them to issue bonds to finance a new city water works system to be located on West High St., which would add greatly to the fire protection of the city as well as for the convenience of residents. Our fire service has grown dramatically over the years from the horse-drawn wagons of 1900 to the modern central station of today.
875 Harcourt Road
Mount Vernon, OH 43050
Phone No. : (740) 393-5247