Religion played an important part in the lives of many of our early settlers here, and churches were among the first structures built when pioneers called a new community their home.
Our Museum is proud to exhibit the beautiful 1884 stained-glass window which has been preserved from the First Baptist Church in Mount Vernon and that stood for more than a century on East High St., across from the Court House.
We also have available a large collection of photographs, church histories, family Bibles and related information on many of the churches that have existed here.
875 Harcourt Road
Mount Vernon, OH 43050
Phone No. : (740) 393-5247